Friday 14 January 2011

Website Evaluation.

Above is a screen shot of the home page of my website. Being the first ever website I have created I decided to keep it simple and keep the original logo and colours that the shop (COW) already had, which was mostly a light blue, but I thought I would change that to a patterned vintage wallpaper, as it is still sticking to there colours, but adding more character. I also decided to make up a little tag line for them being, 'We are not sheep.' Which I put on the footer so it would stay in the same place and be on every page. I wanted all of the pages of the site to have the same set up with different content.
COW do not have a website at all at the moment and claim to not want one as they have a blog... So I could pretty much put anything I wanted onto the site.
I added some jQuery and JavaScript routines to my website including pop up boxes and used the mouseover routine on the image on my front page, I think this adds to the site and draws you in as it's on the first page.
I think my website is a good representation of the shop in Nottingham as it has a vintage feel and is simple, easy to navigate and not too high maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment